Sunday, March 22, 2009

Longboarding

I'm falling more and more in love with longboarding, even if I do hurt myself all the time (right now, I have two skinned up knees, a chunk of skin out of my left wrist, a bruised left palm, and a bit of skin missing from my left foot). There's something about rolling around campus and down the river walk that is very gratifying.
Dori and I were talking last night about how different we are now vs. in high school. Neither of us could imagine ourselves longboarding at that time in our lives (she boards too). We kind of wondered what all of our friends from home would think if they saw us boarding around. We spent an hour at the park Friday afternoon, trying new hills and practicing pushing with our opposite foot. It's so weird for me to think of myself enjoying something so much now that two years ago I didn't even know existed.
Yesterday, I spent all day in Batavia, IL watching Peter participate in his first slalom race (downhill longboarding race in which boarders weave in and out of cones). I can honestly say that I had a wonderful time watching everyone race. I'm looking forward to the next one I can go to!

1 comment:

Peter said...

I guess it has been a while since I checked your blog here... anyway, I just read this for the first time and it almost made me cry. I love you! It makes me smile to see you riding and I'm really proud of your continuous improvement on the board...

can't wait to see you again in a couple of days!