Saturday, May 23, 2009

Princess soup and goose poo

Peter and I got to babysit his niece tonight. The older she gets, the more fun she is! After eating our "princess soup," which took about an hour because Peter was teaching her the difference between cursive and printed writing (yes, she's only 3, but she understood pretty much all of it), we played around the house for a bit before heading to the park. We took the scenic route and got to see lots of nature - geese, goslings, ducks, the river, a dead worm (it was fascinating), "goose poo," flowers, rocks, and leaves. We played on the playground for a while and got our feet really dirty. I can tell I'm getting older because the merry-go-round makes me much more dizzy and sick feeling than it did when I was a kid. While swinging, Peter tried to pass some of his knowledge about force, inertia, and momentum to the younger generation, but I don't know that it actually stuck. Maybe when she's a bit older. Upon returning to the house, we went promptly to the swingset in the backyard. Peter and I were pretty pooped, but apparently you have boundless energy when you're three.

1 comment:

Todd McLaughlin said...

so definitely just found your blog! thanks for the link to mine -- i added yours to my link section :)

good luck on the take home test... hopefully it arrives soon!